Saturday, April 08, 2006

My summer

Ya know how we all make these great New Year’s resolutions? And most of them get broken before Valentine’s Day. I know mine did. So I’m making some Start of Summer resolutions. Or maybe they can be 27th birthday resolutions. Whatever.

Looking at the things I plan to resolve its plain to see that I’m trying to change myself entirely. Well, maybe not entirely. Just a lot. I’ve already started on some of this. I’ve signed up to take two classes through Mt. Airy Learning Tree . Yoga and Meditation. I’m going to start the Change One diet. Again. I’m going to Walk Away the Pounds. Hopefully. I’m going to get on a regular sleeping schedule. Don’t laugh. I’m going to finally go through all this crap in my apartment. Do the whole three pile thing: Keep this, Trash this, Give this away. I mean, damn! I have some things packed in trunks that moved from my parents’ place after graduation from Wilkes to jackass’s in Jersey back to my parents’ for two months to the first apartment in Houston to the second apartment in Houston back to my parents’ for a year and now down here in Philly. (I should not have my parents’ place in that sentence three times. I’m so pathetic) So I really really need to do some serious organizing (especially my craft supplies. I swear I have craft ADD). It will help me feel better and less like a total loser.

Let’s see, what else……Along the lines of improving myself, which really, all of this is pointing in that direction, I have a few books about finding inner peace and breathing better and improving memory. I’m going to make up a schedule for myself and try to at least read them this summer. And of course, hope to absorb some of it.

All while working at National Medical Services at least 30 hours each week. Oh and I’m going to get my finances in order. Make a budget and stick to it. Well, at least give it a decent shot. I have to start saving for next year’s trips. San Antonio in February for the American Academy of Forensic Science Annual Meeting and Ireland in the summer. At least I think Ireland in the summer. I’d love to go, but I don’t know if I’ll have the funds or if I’ll be ok with going alone. And I don’t really want to go with my family. It wouldn’t be too bad, but I’d rather not take the chance of my dream vacation to Ireland being ruined by Beki throwing a tantrum or not being able to see things ‘cause Dad can’t walk that far or Mom has a migraine. Or not be able to buy cool things without the look. You know what I mean. The “Do you really need to spend your money on that?” look. But who knows. Maybe I’ll be lucky and have a job that starts right after school.

Ok. This post has lived up to the blog’s name. Did I ramble enough for you?

No comments: