Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Pretty dresses for me

Finally, my dresses.

Bought two over Easter weekend. Gonna wear one for the bridal shower at the end of May and one for the wedding in July.

The first one is Mom's favorite. She thinks it makes me look slender, well slender-er. It's pink, pretty simple. Sleeveless, button down, falls to my ankles. Sooo comfy and I like how I look in it. It's just not fancy enough for the wedding. I'd wear it to, say a classmate's wedding, but not to my brother's where I will be in at least a few photos.

The dress I'm wearing for the wedding is a dress that I normally would not like at all. But I love it. It's tea length, which never looks ok on me. It has a funky, kinda bohemian, look to it. Dad thinks I should wear a turtleneck under it; the V is pretty low. Amazingly, though, I feel comfortable in it. My only problem right now is finding jewelry for it. It seems to call for a loud necklace and longer earrings than I usually wear. So I don't know what looks ok. I'll drag Darby into it. And I need to find shoes. I have to get shoes that look good, of course, and ones I can wear for a while. And dance in. If I have to take my shoes off at 10 pm, fine and dandy. But I don't want to be dying to take them off as soon as I walk into the reception hall.

2 comments:

Aileen said...

Pictures?!?

D said...

I'll see what I can do. Maybe borrow a digital camera from a classmate.