Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Easter weekend, a little late

So I never blogged about Easter weekend.

It was a good weekend, over all. Spent way too much money, both on myself and for the house. You know the routine. Mom's cooking/baking and realized that she is missing something. And then while I'm running around doing my errands and picking up groceries, she calls 'cause she's missing something else. I had her car for two months, I'm not going to cry about the $$. And she bought me Gertrude Hawk crunchy peanut butter smidgens and Cadbury mini eggs. Yummy.

Let's see, what else....

Got my car. Overall, $300. Jimi accepted a check for part of it from Dad, but said he wouldn't from me. So Plan B. I'll get the money to him. And make sure he can't return it :) The car ran fine on the way down. Oil leak is all better. Too bad the brakes got funky down here in Philly. $500. Apparently, the non metal thingie that goes between the wheel and brake was no longer there. Hence, super grinding. And no way I was going to be able to make it home this weekend. Dad wanted to know if I could afford it now. My response? Do I have a choice?? So blah.

OK, back to Easter. We had dinner at our place and had cake and ice cream for Beki's birthday. I ate way more chocolate than I should have. Ice cream and smidgens and mini eggs and Boston Cream cake, oh my!

Got to spend some quality time with Brittany, which I very rarely get to do. That child, well teenager, is something else. She is so smart, but she can be so blonde sometimes :)

I'll leave the two dresses for another post, otherwise this will be super long.

No comments: