Sunday, January 14, 2007

Doing better

Still haven't actually applied for anything yet. I have printed out the transcript request form for undergrad; I'll fax it either tomorrow at FRFRF or Tuesday at work. I'll just get an unofficial transcript faxed to me and included copies with my applications. If they require official ones, I can always order them later. I have to figure out how to write a damn cover letter. And buy the proper paper so I can print out my CV and the cover letter and send them to, well, who ever I can find, at this point. I'll make a bunch of copies of everything for AAFS. Stop, well try to stop, panicking about everything. Nothing says I have to have a "real" job as soon as I get my diploma, right? If I have to stay at NMS, fine. It's not a horrible place to work. And I can always move to a new position, at least apply for one, when one opens up. Hey, one of the girls who graduated with the first class is in pretty much the same job as me, just actually on the forensic side of things. It will be ok. It will be. As long as I keep reminding myself that I know it will be fine, I might be able to get through this semester without going completely psycho.

2 comments:

Aileen said...

I'm glad you're doing better.

Unofficial transcripts are fine. Cover letters are a pain, aren't they? Especially since you should write one for each particular job. I thought I'd go through a ream of fancy paper for my CV and stuff but it turned out all the jobs I applied to wanted everything entered online.

Good luck with your final semester and job hunting.

And remember you can call me anytime. I need to come visit you soon :)

D said...

Thanks. I know I can. And yes you do! Maybe after the AAFS meeting.