Saturday, September 02, 2006

No, I'm not dead

I know, I know. It's been for-fricking-ever since I've posted. So a quick update while I decide if I want to watch tv or go to bed at the first grade time of 10:30.

I didn't get my summer to do list done. In fact, it was barely started. The apartment is better than it was, and I rearranged the living room furniture, but there is still a lot that should be done. The junk closet is still super trashed. But whatever. I have time to organize and sort before I move again.

Classes started this past Wednesday. It's going to be a loooooong semester. Stats is going to be boring, but that's to be expected. I can't fall asleep, though. The instructor is the CEO of NMS Labs. Where I work. Yeah. Forensic Toxicology is split into 2 parts, general tox and then forensic tox. The instructor for the first part is the lab director at NMS and for the second part it's the former CEO and current Chairman of the Board of Directors. And Forensic Biology is taught by 3 people who work in/pretty much run NMS's criminalistic department department, biology division. The area I want to work in. The class is going to kick my ass, but it will be amazing training. It's not just class work, there is lab work too. As Arthur (one of the instructors, who loves Alton Brown, BTW) said, they teach our mind and train our hands.

Let's see. What else? Oh, $$$$. I got a student loan. Well, to be exact, Dad and Mom got a loan for my benefit. We should be able to pay off all of my cards (!) and get my utilities up to date. I'm going to put aside enough cash for the full year's rent and for tuition. Basically, I'll be able to start over with a pretty clean slate. Granted, I'll be paying off the student loans from my way too long college career for the rest of my life. But it's better than credit cards. As long as I behave and just live on what I make, I'll be ok. And I should be able to do that. At least for this semester. I'll be working 25 hours a week. I'm going to try to put some money aside to help me out next semester when I'll only be working 20. That's in addition to the ING account I'm going to open and put about $25 in every month. As long as I don't touch it, I should be able to make it to graduation with out any freak outs.

Ok. That's about it. Think I'm going to go burn some brain cells and play computer games for a while.

1 comment:

Aileen said...

yay, you're aliiiiive!